Français
English

Welcome page
 Presentation of Remp-Arts
 The team
Past exhibitions
 Historical overview
 2008 exhibition
 2009 exhibition
 2010 exhibition
 2011 exhibition
 2012 exhibition
2013 exhibition
 2013 exhibition
 Buffon foundry
 Painters
 Sculptors
Contacts/Links
 Contacts/Links

The Buffon foundry

The Great Forge was built in 1768 by the famous french naturalist, George-Louis Leclerc, comte de Buffon. The Forge is a remarkable example of the Century of Enlightment. The buildings spread on two levels . At the river level are the the refinery and the foundry. At the above level stand the lodgings, the gardens and the farm.

Knives exhibited: these knives belong to a private collection.



The Diderot scissors:


Association Remp-Arts - www.remp-arts.net - fourtier@remp-arts.net
Président: Mr Jean-Claude FOURTIER 60 rue Paul Claudel 52200 Langres - Tél. 03 25 87 48 02